Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Unable to “Save Object” in WBEMTest with “Number: 0x80041003”, “Facility: WMI” and “Description: Access Denied”

Problem

While enabling DSCP (Differentiated Services Code Point) marking for an OCS 2007 R2 environment via the following TechNet article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd441192(office.13).aspx, I ran into an error when trying to save the changes I made to the ServerQoSEnabled object in the MSFT_SIPPoolConfigSetting instance.  What would happen is that as soon as I hit the Save Object button:

image

I would immediately receive the following error:

Number: 0x80041003

Facility: WMI

Description: Access Denied

image

Clicking on the More Information button doesn’t present you with more information and proceeding to close the WBEMTest window will not save the changes you’ve made.

Solution

I did a bit of research around this problem and a blog post mentioned that you can turn off UAC to fix it.  While I don’t doubt that it would, I chose to simply open up a command prompt running it as an administrator:

image

Then running WBEMTest from there:

image

Once I opened WBEMTest from an command prompt with elevated permissions, I was able to save the changes.

No comments: