Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Profiled Adobe Acrobat X Pro streamed to server for Citrix XenApp 6.5 throws the error: “A problem has occurred with the licensing of this product. Restart your computer or re-launch the product.” “Error: 213:8”

I recently had to profile Adobe Acrobat X Pro so I could stream the application to a Citrix XenApp 6.5 server and then published to Windows XP XenDesktop virtual desktops so I could limit the amount of people who had access to the application as well as have the ability to rapidly deploy it as needed.  The problem I had was that I could not find any official Citrix documentation on how to properly profile it and the research I’ve done shows that there were several registry changes required to be made for Adobe Acrobat 9.  Proceeding to simply profile the application as normal without any modifications lead me to the following Configuration error when trying to use the application after publishing it on the XenApp 6.5 server:

Configuration error

A problem has occurred with the licensing of this product. Restart your computer or re-launch the product.

If this problem still occurs after restarting, contact Customer Support for further assistance, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of the screen.

Error: 213:8

http://www.adobe.com/support

image

Since I didn’t really have an idea what changes that were required to get this going, I placed a call into Citrix.  The support engineer wasn’t sure either so he went on to do some research for me.  Out of a few of the articles he sent me, the one that ended up working was the following:

http://cjharms.info/citrix-application-streaming-adobe-acrobat-x

I tried the instructions out last week and preliminary tests show that the streamed to server application works.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you have used 2008 R2's "App Locker" feature to limit application access on your XenApp server?

Siva said...

Workaround

Isolation Rule:

Redirect %PROGRAMDATA%\Adobe to %APPDATA%\Adobe

Unknown said...

Terence, the above link doesn't seem to work any longer, can you post exactally what was in the post. Thanks!

CJHarms said...

Hi there, i had to move my Blog from Posterous and forgot the Adobe Streaming Post.

If you still need it you can find it again here: http://www.cjharms.info/2013/04/citrix-application-streaming-adobe.html